Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Yarn, Wonderful Yarn

I went to the Dentist this morning for my routine checkup.
And as a few other plans had fallen through, I decided to console myself with a visit to Romni to pick up a small bit of yarn. I even had a shopping list of things I "needed"!

I took the TTC down to Queen & Bathurst, but was too early, so had to treat myself to a coffee (and a Raspberry-White Chocolate Scone! Yum!). Then into Romni just minutes after they opened.

First, pick up a Basket for all my goodies. (Normally, I would try and juggle all my purchases, until somebody forced me into taking a basket.)

Next stop - the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a pretty dusty rose to make some Fetching gauntlets (knitty.com).








Then walked past the Manos.

What was I thinking?!? Walk past?? Manos???

Some just hopped into my basket.

It will likely become a scarf and possibly mitts or hat for me. My 2 black coats need some dressing up.

Maybe a Cable?








Then over to check out an alternative to Kid Silk Haze for the Ice Queen cowl (knitty again), and found some Colinette in a lovely blue-teal.
I picked up the beads later, at Arton on Queen.








I then asked if they had any Tahki Donegal Tweed, and found the 6 skeins I need for the Peruvian Cap in the Vogue Knitting on the Go Caps & Hats book.









And as I was heading out to the Cashier, I passed by the sock yarn. There on the floor in a basket was some Arequipa (like Dream in Colour Smooshy, but almost half the price!!), which again just hopped into my basket (well, maybe it didn't exactly hop in... more like I crammed it under the basket handle!).
It will become either the Jeanie shawl or Juno Regina, both on knitty.com.





And to top it all off, I found 2 adorable dresses at La Cache for my granddaughter - 75% off! And I met up with my daughter at the Eaton Centre for her lunch break.

As I was walking across Queen towards the Eaton Centre, this tune entered my head ....

Yarn, wonderful Yarn.
What wouldn't I give for
That little bit more.
That's all that I live for.

Just thinking of touching more,
My senses are reeling.
One moment more knowing that
Soft warm feeling.

Oh, Yarn!
Magical Yarn!
Wonderful Yarn!
Marvellous yarn!


What a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Sophia said...

That's some haul you've got there. Nothing like that has ever happened to me, so I completely can't relate. At all.